As much as we love ARM templates and Json syntax for deploying resources on Azure, Terraform is another great way to accelerate and standardize your deployments. In this post, are the materials we use for the online webinar, available on demand here: https://info.microsoft.com/AP-AzureINFRA-WBNR-FY20-08Aug-29-AzureAdoption-SRDEM4141_LP02OnDemandRegistration-ForminBody.html
- Terraform Documentation: https://www.terraform.io
- Terraform AzureRM provider: https://www.terraform.io/docs/providers/azurerm/
- Terraform modules registry: https://registry.terraform.io
- Azure Terraform Hub: http://aka.ms/tfhub
- Great serie of step-by-step guidance for Terraform on Azure: https://azurecitadel.com/automation/terraform/
Tips to get started with Visual Studio Code:
Install the Terraform extension, you may notice that the 0.12 type of syntax is not recognized by default as its still under development. You can enable preview version running Terraform: Enable/Disable Language Server in the palette.
Azure Cloud Adoption Framework in Terraform samples:
If you want to kick-start your Azure deployment based on Cloud Adoption Framework Landing Zones, here are some Terraform examples of it (more webinars on this coming soon): http://aka.ms/tf-landingzones
Have fun with this!
Demo 1: Getting started with your environment
Demo 2: First deployment
Demo 3: States and outputs
Demo 4: Modules
As usual, feel free to send your feedbacks.